Sunday, February 19, 2012

Fulbright Meeting & Birthday Weekend

Last Friday I had a Fulbright meeting at the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations. We met in the India room (everything in the room was donated by India).


All the Fulbright scholars in Italy came to Rome for the weekend and gave a presentation about their project.

Someone also came from the Global Crop Diversity Trust and gave a presentation about the global food security situation and possible solutions.



"To the millions who have to go without two meals a day- God can only appear as bread" -Gandhi


That night we found ourselves in the greatest snow fight known to mankind after being ambushed by several small children and their parents. HA.




Below is a picture of a friend I made at dinner... :)


Fulbright girls- now I have friends I can visit in Florence, Bologna, Naples, Turin, Milan, and Sicily.


View from the hotel in the morning. It hasn't snowed this much in Rome in 25 years. Lucky me that I could be here for it.


TWO birthday cakes from friends I just met about 36 hours before.


Gelato cake!


Brunch and cupcakes at Bakery House Roma with my roommate Federica on the morning of my birthday.


Dinner that evening with Feda.




No comments:

Post a Comment